Plans to fly over to the US cancelled! We will be having some time off at the end of next week for a Zoom family day. But first Ben has to go away again for work before then. He will be back on Wednesday evening. By the time he is back, I have to figure out what to cook. I have never made a Thanksgiving dinner before – I have eaten a lot of amazing food at the home of relatives. The pressure is on – how am I going to get anywhere near the standards Ben’s Mom sets?
My THANKS list grows longer and longer each year. Here are some of the people I feel deep thanks to:
- MY PARENTS – Thank you for giving me a great start in life and giving me opportunities that sometimes I took for granted. Thank you for giving your blessing on my relationship with Ben and for all your efforts to get close to Ben’s family. Daddy – thank you for all of your service on behalf of agencies you believe make a difference to the world we live in. I know you want a safer world. I appreciate that.
- THE O’CONNOR FAMILY – Thank you for accepting me into your home and for your amazing hospitality. Thank you for delicious Greek food, noisy parties and lots of laughs. Thank you for bringing up Ben to be such a gorgeous man who knows how to love a woman and make her thrive.
- BENJAMIN O’CONNOR – Thank you for loving me, for putting up with me when I am in a funk, for the myriad of ways you give to me and make me love my life with you. Thank you for making love to me as if your life depended on it. Thank you for your advice and support. Thank you for being so patient and respectful when I was with Simon and you knew he was not good for me. I am so grateful to you for all of your love and for all of the wonderful qualities that make it a real honour for me to belong to such a rare man. I want to find ways to show how deeply I appreciate you every day that I breathe!
- MY FRIENDS – Thank you for staying close when I went through tough times and very low moods. Thank you for your constant support and for being mild when I was exhausted. Thank you for making sure I always knew I was not alone and could turn to you when I needed someone to talk to. Thank you for your great company and compassion. Thank you for keeping me sane. Thanks for all the fun and dancing, the cocktails and hugs – you all make life worth living!
- SIMON – Thank you for you everything – the rush of excitement, the passion, the thrill. Thank you for all the fun and laughter. Thank you for the wonderful memories. Thank you for your ongoing friendship even though we are not together.
- NIGELLA LAWSON – Your Thanksgiving recipe page looks awesome!
- MY BOSS – Thank you for your support on letting me work remotely so that I could travel with Ben when he was on lengthy assignments. It worked out so well and now everyone is working remotely – who would have though hey!
- FELLOW BLOGGERS – Thank you for your fantastic posts which make me smile (naughty smile) and feel ripples of excitement. Thank you for your support and all the fun flirting we share. Thank you to all those who read our novellas – you are awesome!
THANK YOU for life!
THANK YOU for:
- great food
- warm families
- supportive friends
- fun and laughter
- genuine men
- the health service
- key workers who have been working very hard this year
- everyone who has been washing their hands, wearing a face mask and keeping a distance – awesome guys!
- ….and for the millions of special moments that make life exhilarating!